The original copy of the signed entry form must reach the Competition Secretariat by March 31, 2012, at
The International Singing Competition, Savonlinna Opera Festival, Olavinkatu 27, FI-57130 Savonlinna, Finland.
The signed application form must be accompanied by the following documents:
• a copy of the applicant’s passport or some other official proof of identity
• an account (not more than one page) of the applicant’s musical studies and concert experience
• any references and major reviews
• a DVD (DVD+/-, not DVD +/- rw) of two opera arias
• a photograph (measuring at least 9 x 12 cm) of the applicant. The photo may alternatively be sent by email as a jpg file to email@example.com
The DVD must not be edited. The place and date of the recording must be marked on the DVD. Neither the application form nor the enclosures will be returned. Application forms sent by telefax or email will not be accepted; nor will application forms that lack any of the above enclosures or that reach the Competition Secretariat later than March 31, 2012.
A total of 30 singers will be selected for the first round. The Competition Committee will make a preliminary selection based on the application documents and DVDs. Applicants will be informed of whether they have been selected by April 30, 2012.
Please print your entry form from here: