Savonlinna Opera Festival Choir for the season 2021 will be mostly composed of the singers engaged for this cancelled season but there will also be few free vacancies for each four voice groups.
For the security reasons we won’t organize this year normal auditions at all, and the new singers will be chosen based on the video clips sent to us. The more detailed instructions you’ll find at the end of this message.
Savonlinna Opera Festival Choir has prepared to organize four music rehearsal weekends in Helsinki during the year 2021.
Because the situation of COVID-19 pandemic and the possible restrictions caused by the situation, is, at this point, a mystery, we have reserved five weekends for the music rehearsals but only four of them will be used. The reserved weekends are as follows:
• 23. – 24.1.
• 13. – 14.2.
• 20. – 21.3.
• 24. – 25.4.
• 29. – 30.5.
The period of the stage rehearsals and performances in Savonlinna will be 14.6. – 23.7.
The season of a chorus member will include all rehearsals and performances. Every member will sign a personal contract for working in Savonlinna Opera Festival.
The program will contain the choir parts of the following operas:
• Rossini: Il barbiere di Siviglia (male choir only)
• Szymanowski: Król Roger
• Bizet: Carmen
• Verdi: La traviata
How to apply for a vacancy in Savonlinna Opera Festival Choir:
– Make a non-edited video from your audition (aria/Lied/song).
– Write down to the registration form your personal data and a short CV with your previous music education and singer background both as a chorus member and a soloist.
– Include a link to your audition to end of the registration form.
– When you have filled in the form, please remember to send it!
The period of the registration for the audition will end on Friday, September 25th at 4 pm. The result of the audition will be informed by e-mail on Friday, November 16th at the latest.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org