We are looking for a PRODUCER-STAGE DIRECTOR for a continuous employment relationship with 60–100% working time (as agreed) from 1 September 2023 or as agreed. The position has a six-month probation period.The
PRODUCER-STAGE DIRECTOR’S tasks include:
- Planning, production, coordination, budget preparation and monitoring of the Savonlinna Opera Festival’s opera productions and other events and projects, as well as scheduling together with the production team
- Coordination and communication of the Opera Festival’s new productions and international co-productions
- Maintenance of the Opera Festival’s production catalogue and coordination and communication of related international cooperation and sales projects
- Assisting in making grant and funding applications
- Implementation, maintenance and development of a new production planning system
- If necessary, acting as an assistant stage director during the festival season in the Opera Festival’s production and in connection with international visits of Opera Festival productions or other cooperation projects
- In-depth knowledge of opera and classical music, knowledge of the artistic process of opera production, the ability to read sheet music and knowledge of singing voice
- Prior experience in working as a stage director, assistant stage director or stage director’s assistant in an opera production
- Versatile experience in performance and event production, project planning, budgeting and implementation as well as project management and work supervision
- Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills, especially Excel
- Fluent written and oral English language skills, other language skills are considered an advantage
- Self-initiative and good interaction and organisation skills
- Financial and marketing communication skills and a relevant higher education degree are considered an advantage
We offer an independent and unique position, a vantage point into the world of top-level international opera, an inspiring work community and a piece of the Finnish summer at its best. You get to work as part of the production team and report to the Opera Festival’s Artistic Director and Head of Productions.
The position requires presence in Savonlinna, especially during the festival season (May–July), but also offers flexible remote work opportunities. The summer holiday season is generally scheduled for August–September. The work also involves travelling in Finland and abroad.
Attach your resume, salary request and a max. 200-word cover letter in English by 2 May 2023 and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The interview process can start before the end of the application period.
For more information
Artistic Director Ville Matvejeff, email@example.com
Head of Productions Jukka Pohjolainen, firstname.lastname@example.org