DESCRIPTION OF PERSONAL DATA FILE PURSUANT TO SECTION 10 OF THE PERSONAL DATA ACT (523/1999)
Name of data file: Customer data file of Savonlinnan Oopperajuhlien Kannatusyhdistys ry. and Savonlinnan Oopperajuhlat Oy
Savonlinnan Oopperajuhlien Kannatusyhdistys ry., business ID 0207403-8; and Savonlinnan Oopperajuhlat Oy, business ID 0638386-6, Olavinkatu 27, FI-57130 Savonlinna, Finland, tel. +358 15 476 750.
2. Contact person in matters regarding the data file
Tarja Halonen (email@example.com), Olavinkatu 27, FI-57130 Savonlinna, Finland, tel. +358 15 476 750.
3. Name of data file
Savonlinna Opera Festival customer data file
4. Purpose of processing personal data
The principal purpose of this personal data file is to serve as the customer data file of Savonlinnan Oopperajuhlien Kannatusyhdistys ry. and Savonlinnan Oopperajuhlat Oy. The data file contains personal data on current individual and corporate customers of the Savonlinna Opera Festival and on potential customers. Data are accumulated from basic data submitted by customers and through agreements, use of services, application of services, and information required for producing and governing services. The data file may also contain information on areas of interest submitted by customers themselves.
The customer data in the personal data file may be processed for the following purposes:
– producing, developing and maintaining services intended for customers, and managing customer relationships
– sales and marketing
– market research
– customer support
– customer relationship management and other customer care
– day-to-day business needs of the Savonlinna Opera Festival, including:
– managing the service process
– planning and developing the business of the Savonlinna Opera Festival (Savonlinnan Oopperajuhlat Oy)
– publicity, promotion and market research related to the products and services of the Savonlinna Opera Festival
– service communications and agreement-based advertising for partners in the online business of the Savonlinna Opera Festival
5. Information in the personal data file
The Savonlinna Opera Festival customer data file includes the following information:
– language of use
– date of birth (personal identity number in some cases)
– online user ID
– country of residence
– phone numbers
– e-mail addresses
– direct marketing choices made by customers themselves
– customer number
– any other information required for providing the services
6. Regular sources of personal data
– the data subjects themselves
– third parties, with the consent of the data subjects
– various address information systems, for updating name and address data
Persons added to the data file include those subscribing to the Savonlinna Opera Festival newsletter, persons representing partners of the Savonlinna Opera Festival, and persons who purchase tickets to the Savonlinna Opera Festival and submit their personal data in connection with the ticket purchase.
7. Regular disclosures of data and data transfer to outside the EU or European Economic Area
No personal data are disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Personal data may be disclosed with the consent of the customer in order to provide the services requested by the customer.
8. Data security principles
The IT network and equipment where the data file is stored are located behind a firewall and are protected with other technical means as well. Only specified authorised persons have access to the data. These persons have signed valid confidentiality agreements.
9. Removal of data
A customer may at any time have his/her address data removed from the data file by submitting a request to that effect to firstname.lastname@example.org.